1. Job Post
The Metro District Contract Administration (Construction) and Surveys Units are hiring temporary employees for the 2023 construction season. If you know anyone who is interested in a career in Contract Administration and/or Surveys, please encourage them to apply. If someone you refer is hired, you may be eligible for a referral reward.
We are filling up to 20 positions at the Transportation Associate, Transportation Generalist, or Transportation Generalist Senior levels, dependent on the selected candidates’ relevant experience. Positions will start between March and May 2023 and may last for up to six months or more. These opportunities provide work experience that lead to permanent full-time employment for many who are hired into these positions. Some positions may also offer Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, and the Pre-tax Benefits.
This is a great opportunity for:
- College students who want to work while going to school, or who are looking for internship opportunities.
- High school students who will be 18 at the time of hire and are taking a gap year.
- Those who want to work full-time while going to college part-time.
- Those who want to explore new career opportunities while being trained on the job.
- Those who are looking for a career change.
- Those who are looking for a job opportunity with the potential to receive tuition reimbursement.
The minimum qualifications for all positions include:
- A valid Class D Driver’s License.
- Experience using personal computers (Windows based operating systems, Outlook, spreadsheets, and word processing software applications).
- Ability to read and understand written materials such as plans, charts, technical drawings, and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and discuss oral instructions in English.
- Ability to perform basic engineering calculations requiring arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements the position.
- Required to pass a computerized math and reading assessment prior to hire.
1. Go to: State of MN Careers
2. Under External Applicants, click on “Search for Jobs Now”
3. Enter 61987 into the Keywords box and click “Search”
4. Click on “Construction & Surveys Summer 2022 Temporary Positions – Transp. Generalist Sr., Transp. Generalist, Transp. Associate”
4. At the top right, click “Apply for Job” to begin the application process
5. If you have questions, please email Kim Rice (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Valerie Ringhofer (email@example.com).
There is an employment opportunity with the Minnesota Department of Education. If possible can this be posted on our church's website?
2. Job Post
As a part of the cross-state agency Preschool Development Grant, the Results Management team at Minnesota Management and Budget is hiring for two exciting positions to launch a new sensemaking initiative adapted from Kansas Our Tomorrows. Through this initiative, community members will share their stories about what is meaningful to them. They will then self-code their data. Following that, there will be sensemaking sessions with communities to make meaning of the data followed by action labs to plan for direct action. Minnesota Department of Education is looking for an overall coordinator as well as an outreach lead. Please share with anyone you know that would be interested.
Below are the links for Job ID #63477 and Job ID #63479, and will post through March 16, 2023.
- Current state employees may apply via self-service by searching for job ID:
- Applicants who are not current state employees can apply through the state career with these links:
Coordinator Salary range
- Salary Range: $33.30 - $49.53 / hourly; $69,530 - $103,418 / annually
Outreach Lead Salary range
- Salary Range: $28.96 - $42.67 / hourly; $60,468 - $89,094 / annually